Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Faith

Yesterday the New York paper ran a headline that said "Obama's Pledge to Reform Ethics Faces an Early Test." In the article, the writer said "But the episode has already shown how, when faced with the perennial clash between campaign rhetoric and Washington reality, Mr. Obama has proved willing to compromise."

There was a letter to the editor in today's paper that says: "I am an independent who embraced Barack Obama's candidicy with great enthusiasm... I go not by what people say, but what they do. Unfortunately in this case, it is starting to look like business as usual. I am very sad. I did not think that I would be disappointed so soon after the glow and the promise of the inauguration."

He is very sad- a candid and honest insight from this reader. He put his trust in Obama, and he has been let down.
I bring this up not to criticize Obama, but for an entirely different reason. The system always fails.
And we have the best government in the entire world. That is why, as the old hymn says, our hope is built on nothing less, than Jesus' blood and righteousness. Everything else, will fail. Jesus, the Lord, is risen.