Sunday, October 14, 2007

A Jew and a Christian

There is an interesting article in the latest issue of Christianity Today called "Interview with a Pharisee and a Christian... How two believers of two faiths talk to one another with conviction and civility."

The Jew says something like this: I don't want him (the Christian) to change. I want him to be a good Christian.

The Christian says: I pray for you everyday. If I am right, you will go to hell when you die, and I don't want that. I want to do everything I can.

The Jew says a little later: Even though he is genuine in demonstrating love on a personal level, from a collective point of view, as a religion, if he's relating to me as someone who's going to burn in hell, then I can't really see that as genuine love toward my people and my faith...

The Jewish man then goes on to say that he hopes Christians will suspend their "proselytizing" and allow the Almight to work in His time.

With no commentary on these words... I felt that it was an interesting look at two views of real life and evangelism. The Christian sure did come off as kind of rediculous if you can believe that...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what no mention of the show? :)